I want to change my account to a joint account with my parents

Heihei18
New Community Member
Hello, recently PayPal had my account placed in limited and I have to confirm my id. However I’m under 18, and I cannot do so (I don’t want to create a false id). There is a lot of money in my account but I don’t want them to close it when they find out I’m 16. My mum said she can be the primary holder of my account and turn it into a joint one. How do I that?^
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heihei18 

A personal account can only be in one persons name only.

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless you contact them and request funds being sent to a parents Paypal account, not guaranteed however.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.