I think I'm being over charged by Paypal

captncanary
Contributor
Contributor

I've been selling some personal items on eBay. I believe the Paypal fees for my ebay sales should be 2.9% + 30p. I've noticed I'm getting charged more than this. It seems to be around 4.4% + 30p and sometimes even more than that. What's going on? Am I doing something wrong and can I claim back these over charges?

I'm a UK user and most of my sales have been to UK buyers.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captncanary 

You say 'most' of your buyers are UK, that means some of them are not and you pay a higher fee for international sales.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

captncanary
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I understand that. I'm saying I'm being charged 4.4% on my UK buyer transactions and even more on international transactions. Paypal website says it should be 2.9% for UK sales.

Login to Me Too

captncanary
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out my account was set up with micropayments and I've been getting charged 5% + 5p for years without knowing. There is no information on my account or on the Paypal website that even mentions micropayments. I'm pretty upset about it and hoping I can get a refund.

It's all ready a few days since they told me and I requested to be taken off micropayements. It's still not been done and I'm still incurring more additional fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.