I submitted my driver's license and it was rejected. I don't HAVE utility bills! Now what?!?

MZ7
New Community Member

At first, I submitted a check stub from a check that PayPal sent me, to try and confirm my address in the least intrusive way possible (logically, that should be sufficient since I cashed the check with no problem), only to have that form of ID rejected. I then scanned and submitted my driver's license (although I'm not comfortable with this idea, in light of hacking issues that have been hitting various websites), and THAT form of ID was rejected.

I have two addresses listed on my PayPal account: a P.O. Box (primary) and a street address. Where I live, there is NO HOME MAIL DELIVERY; anything that comes to the township has to be picked up at the post office, and anything with a street address is often marked "returned to sender." Since BOTH addresses are on my account (and have been there for a long time), including the street address on my driver's license, it makes no sense that my driver's license wouldn't be sufficient ID.

I don't have utility bills, as I live with a disabled parent who pays the bills. Now what? How am I supposed to access my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MZ7 

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MZ7
New Community Member

I don't understand how this explanation isn't sufficient, and why I have to get on the phone and contact Customer Service via phone--all to straighten out a matter that is already straightened out and clear as day: my mailing and street address have been on my profile for years, and my driver's license was submitted per the site's instruction. How is the site refusing to simply acknowledge who I am, as that's all the verification requires, based on these pieces of information?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.