I own an account but i am currently underage

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am currently, at the time of this message, underage and i would like to close my account.

I accidentally converted my account to business after messing around with the settings and my account got locked until i confirmed my age.

Since i am not the age that PayPal has told me to be to open my account, i have now thought about it and i would like to close my account.

I have not found any way to actually do this without confirming my age so i decided to contact the forums about this especially because there was no contact email for PayPal directly which i would have done if there was.

I regret opening my account and would be happy for it to be closed or banned.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Confirm your age. If you do not have an photo ID, write a letter explaining you are under age, pdf it and upload to the case. PayPal will take action to deactivate the account.

Limited accounts cannot be closed in the way you would a normal standing account. When you are of age, you may contact PayPal to open a new account for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Confirm your age. If you do not have an photo ID, write a letter explaining you are under age, pdf it and upload to the case. PayPal will take action to deactivate the account.

Limited accounts cannot be closed in the way you would a normal standing account. When you are of age, you may contact PayPal to open a new account for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.