I need to work under a Pseudonym

CezaMae
Contributor
Contributor

I am a freelance voice actor, working under a different name to help my brand. However, I am concerned with customers trying to pay me for my services seeing my legal name. Is there a Doing Business As section or a way I can change my display name? If this question has already been answered please link me to what I can do, as I did not find a definitive answer on my own

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CezaMae 

You can approach this in two ways:

Open a separate business account as Individual (if you're not a sole proprietor or inc/corp) and use your full legal name still as account holder and enter a business name/info which will be displayed instead of your personal full legal name/home billing address/phone which will be hidden.

To open a separate business account:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Or, upgrade your personal account to a business account as Individual (if you're not a sole proprietor or inc/corp) and enter a business name/info to be displayed but your full name billing address will still be listed as the account holder which will be hidden.

To upgrade, go to account settings (gear icon) > Account Options section > Upgrade to business account

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CezaMae 

You can approach this in two ways:

Open a separate business account as Individual (if you're not a sole proprietor or inc/corp) and use your full legal name still as account holder and enter a business name/info which will be displayed instead of your personal full legal name/home billing address/phone which will be hidden.

To open a separate business account:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Or, upgrade your personal account to a business account as Individual (if you're not a sole proprietor or inc/corp) and enter a business name/info to be displayed but your full name billing address will still be listed as the account holder which will be hidden.

To upgrade, go to account settings (gear icon) > Account Options section > Upgrade to business account

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.