I need to remove my debit card from an old account(that I don't have access to)

rebecca0_01
New Community Member

Please help!!! I am trying to set up a new PayPal account because I have recently started selling clothes online. I was almost finished setting my account up when I went to enter my card information and it said that the card was already linked to another account and I need to remove it from that account before linking it to my new one. I go to login to my old account but it says that I need to change my password for security reasons. I do not have access to the email or phone number that my old account is set up with. Is it possible to delete the account, remove the card, or change the password another way? (I did not see an option to change the password with security questions!)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @rebecca0_01, Hi, Hope everthing is doing well. I understand your concern and thank you for contacting community forum. To gain access your account you have to enter your primary email adderess and need to make sure you have access to it. You can click the link in order to reset your password. If you can no longer access the primary email, you may consider creating a brand new paypal account using a different email address. Please click the link how to reset password. https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/i-forgot-my-paypal-password.-how-do-i-reset-it-faq1933?a... Hope this will help resolve the issue. Thank you. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.