I need to close an account with money in it. How?

rajaperry56
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a second Paypal account under a nickname used by me in my business. I was unaware the name needed to be legal for verification purposes. Now I have money in the account which is not accessible since I cannot verify my nickname. How do I get around this? Do I need to refund all the money and then close the account and re-open in my legal name? I have another Paypal account that is also not my legal name, but I've never had a problem with that account. Why is this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rajaperry56 

If you are using a nickname for a legal financial account then at some point you are going to hit problems.

If you can refund the funds then yes do so if not the sender may have to open a dispute to get the funds back again and then send them using another processor OR an account in your legal name.

Also remember you are only allowed a total of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business. If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.