I need to close a US account I haven't used for 13 YEARS but cannot, please help.

EvermorphingGrl
Contributor
Contributor

It's associated with the email <removed>  which is my main email for everything. I made it when I lived in the US in 2008. Since moving back to Australia I have been unable to close it, or to even contact any customer service who can do anything. Please help, I'm so frustrated. There seems to be no way to call anyone in the US whatsoever. Facebook messages go unanswered, multiple times, even when they reply back once they then go silent and ignore me.

I called the Australian customer service, where a very nice service staff residing in the US told me that he basically can't access the US system at all because he's servicing Australia. He did give me a phone number to call (https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call) but I cannot even get past the initial voice recording because I do not have the US phone associated with my US account. I have literally not lived there for 13 years. 

I still get emails from Paypal from there, but I can't sign in to verify my account, lodge queries or do anything at all. 

I can send anything that verifies my identity here, I can tell you details about when I was there. Please help. If Paypal staff read this, please tell me what to do. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.