I need to change my paypal account email & I do not have a mobile phone

OggieWoggie
New Community Member

How do I change the email address on my paypal account. And cannot change if it prompts me to enter a mobile phone number ... I do not have a mobile phone I have a land line phone? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hi @OggieWoggie,

A mobile phone is needed to confirm log ins and for other security reasons. I understand there may be some concern with PayPal requesting a mobile phone number to create or continue using your account. PayPal is always looking to create a safer, more secure payment platform for our buyers and sellers. By asking to add and confirm a mobile phone on your account, this allows PayPal to help you service your account, send/receive payments (instead of just with an email address), and prevent/alert you of potentially fraudulent activity.

If the phone number on your PayPal account isn't a mobile phone, we have the option for you to use our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) instead. You should normally be able to confirm your phone by clicking "Call you with a code" button, and a one-time password (OTP) will be sent over a voice call.

If you have the same phone number on your personal and business account, the phone number on your personal account will need to be confirmed in order for you to log in. At this time, this requirement is only for personal accounts.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.