I need to change my account's name to my mother's

HariSankar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello . I want my paypal name to be changed to my mother's since she is the only one whom I have, who possess the required documents for account verification. I want to change my name from paypal and make it to my mother's with the same account details. Can anyone pls help me ? 😞

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HariSankar1 

Sorry, PayPal does not let you change the entire name/ownership on an account like that. If you are under 18 years of age and PayPal put a limitation on your account to request identity verification, you must tell PayPal that you are underage and they will permanently limit the account, send you an email that you can no longer use PayPal and to wait 180 days to withdraw your money. When you are 18, contact customer services to get help with setting up a new account.

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HariSankar1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Im not under 18 but the bank account I linked on paypal is of my mother's.Will I be able to delete my current paypal account and start a new one with my mother's name and bank account ?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HariSankar1 

PayPal accounts that are limited, asking for identity verification cannot be closed and remains limited until the problem can be resolved which is not possible considering your situation unless you have your own ID documents. The financial information also cannot be removed to open another account, nor should you be advised to do so in someone else's name.

Basically the PayPal account is stuck. And your mom can't ever open her own PayPal account now since it is linked to this limited account.

PayPal does not allow people to add other's financial info but people do it anyway and run into this problem and ruin not only their own record with PayPal but the person whose information you used, their record with PayPal. Even if you do get your own ID documents, your use of the account could be in jeopardy because of linking an account that does not belong to you, to your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.