I need help with my account

Belleee
Contributor
Contributor

My international friends and I use PayPal because it is a way we can send money to each other while being in different countries. Recently it was our friends birthday and we wanted to pay an artist on Fiver to make him an artwork of a character he loves as a surprise. Our friend then sent me money to pay for it as I had already spoken to the artist and had the artists information. I rarely use PayPal, as I said usually for my friends and me and also so I can purchase in-game items/currencies and games that only take PayPal since I love video games. When I received the money I was unaware that my account was limited, so I followed the steps and sent documentation of my bank statements. A few days later PayPal contacted me and said they were unable to give me full access to my account because I have no identification. I do not know how to identify myself since I do not have a passport (as I have never travelled) and I do not have my drivers licence yet (as I have not learned to drive yet). Is there anyway PayPal or the person who sent me the money can refund the money from my account? I really need help I do not know what to do. I also have contacted PayPal multiple times over the past few days and I have received nothing from them. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Belleee 

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:
Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
Employment authorization card
Permanent resident card

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Belleee
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have an Employment authorization card or Permanent resident card as I am Australian. Is there anything else I can do? Can I identify myself through my bank?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.