I made an error when creating my account.

OmarCagz
New Community Member

I made a mistake when creating my account. When creating my PayPal, I didn't think it was necessary to use my legal name. I decided to use my streaming name and recieved a donation that Im not able to claim. All i hope to do is be able to spend the money I have earned.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarCagz 

If you can't accept the money because you can't verify your identity to open a cash account, wait 30 days and see if the money is returned to the sender as unclaimed or not.

You can click on the transaction for more information. Maybe there is a claim by date or something. Once the money goes back, just close the account. 

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.
  2. Zero out the balance.
  3. Cancel any active automatic payments.
  4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).
  5. Go to Settings(cog icon).
  6. Click Close Account under Account Options section.
  7. Business accounts: Click Close Account across from Account Type.

And then open an account under your proper name that can later be verifiable with documents if requested:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/cashagreement-full#opening-account

Sorry, lesson learned. PayPal is a real financial instrument so can't use made up names and information if you want access to the funds and be able to claim the account/money is yours. Common sense.

Note: If you are under 18, you're can't open a PayPal account.

Once you open new account verify it by linking a bank account. PayPal will give you a choice of withdrawing to linked bank account or verify your name, billing address, SSN, DOB to open a cash balance account so you can use the PayPal balance features.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarCagz 

If you can't accept the money because you can't verify your identity to open a cash account, wait 30 days and see if the money is returned to the sender as unclaimed or not.

You can click on the transaction for more information. Maybe there is a claim by date or something. Once the money goes back, just close the account. 

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.
  2. Zero out the balance.
  3. Cancel any active automatic payments.
  4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).
  5. Go to Settings(cog icon).
  6. Click Close Account under Account Options section.
  7. Business accounts: Click Close Account across from Account Type.

And then open an account under your proper name that can later be verifiable with documents if requested:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/cashagreement-full#opening-account

Sorry, lesson learned. PayPal is a real financial instrument so can't use made up names and information if you want access to the funds and be able to claim the account/money is yours. Common sense.

Note: If you are under 18, you're can't open a PayPal account.

Once you open new account verify it by linking a bank account. PayPal will give you a choice of withdrawing to linked bank account or verify your name, billing address, SSN, DOB to open a cash balance account so you can use the PayPal balance features.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.