I'm trying to set up my 2 step verification but i keep getting something went wrong error message

kkwok
New Community Member

I'm trying to set up my 2 step verification but i keep getting something went wrong error message

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_April

Hello @kkwok

You may try removing the phone number then readd and confirm. Once done follow these steps to enable 2 step verification: 

1. Click the Settings icon next to “Log out”.
  2. Click Security.
  3. Click Update next to “2-step verification”.
  4. Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next.
  5. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app.
  6. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app.
  7. Click Done to activate 2-Step Verification.

-April 

Login to Me Too

chris10uk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_April 

That doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Here are the replication steps, which I assume are the same as the original posters:

1. Click the Settings icon
  2. Click Security
  3. Next to “2-step verification”, select Setup
  4. Choose to "Text me a code", then click Setup
  5. Select my phone number (e.g. +447...) from the drop-down, then click Next

Result: "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again."

It's worth noting that in the 'Country/region' drop-down it's only possible (for me in the UK) to select "GB +44", however after selecting 'Next' and when the error is displayed, it reverts to the first option in the (alphabetical) drop-down "AD +376". This could be part of the problem.

This is most definitely a bug with the website and should be reported to your development team, please. But I'm happy to go through further diagnosis with you if needed.

Thanks,

Chris

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.