I'm not receiving SMS verification, and I can't get past thru my account.

kaarlogc
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm forced to create this new account due to the inconvenience that I'm getting from the Help Center. My problem is, I'm not receiving SMS verification for my Paypal account so I can't get past through and access my account at all. I've read MULTIPLE SOULTIONS before posting this, but none of it works. AND I BADLY NEED THE FUNDS NOW. I've barely eaten for a week, and to have this inconvenience is just adding up to my stress. I feel hopeless at this point. - tried messaging FB and Twitter, unresponsive - tried logging in thru Paypal app, receives security check, but then only redirects to the login page again - clicked the Help centers here, but none of them works because I can't really access my account because of thay Two Way thing. that's what hinders me from accessing my account. Please, I really NEED the funds. That's how desperate I am right now. If someone could help me assist that would be great. UPDATE: My account is now temporarily locked due to multiple login tries. I'm so stressed out right now. :'(
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kaarlogc
Contributor
Contributor
I hope there's any representative that would help cater my needs right now.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaarlogc 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kaarlogc
Contributor
Contributor
^ Sorry, but not helpful. Please stop spamming with your canned responses that does no help at all to the problem. Anyway, just an update on this one. I was able to contact CustServ earlier, he said Paypal is undergoing a system update which affected my ability to access the account. No definite timeframe as to when it will be done tho. But I'll take his word for it. I tried contacting my service provider and the problem isn't on their end why short-code text messages are not received. The issue is on Paypal's end. But you guys can double check it tho just to make sure. I will follow up on this later just to see if the their responses are consistent.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.