I logged into my account with my email, but the card number saved is one I've never seen before

ben_walters
New Community Member

I logged in with my personal school email after using the forgot my password option to change my password via email. But, it looks like someone else's phone number, bank info, and card # is saved in my account somehow. I'm worried about putting in my own card number as they could use it if they find a way to log in again. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Alessa

Hello @ben_walters,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Sorry to hear that you are seeing financial information on your PayPal account that you do not recognize. I can certainly understand how concerning this situation would be. You can remove the financial information and phone number that you don't recognize from the PayPal account directly, here is how to remove the financial information : How do I remove a debit or credit card from my PayPal account?. Here is how to remove the phone number :  How do I add, edit or remove a phone number on my PayPal account?. Once the information has been removed I do advise to reset your PayPal password and security questions. Here are the steps on how to change both the Password and Security Questions for a PayPal account : How do I change my password and security questions?. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance. 

Thank you again for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forum, I hope the information provided is able to assist with your concerns.

- Alessandra

If you find this or any other post was helpful, to make our community better please feel free to give kudos or accepting the answer as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.