I keep getting this error message when I sign into PayPal.

glenfromOregon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I keep getting this error message when I log into PayPal.

"New Login to PayPal   We noticed a new login with your PayPal account associated with (my e-mail address) from a device we don't recognize."

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this and what the unrecognized device is that they refer to?  There are no Computer issues that follow this message, only the message itself. I am accessing thru Windows 10 on a Dell Laptop.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi @glenfromOregon,
Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

As part of our continued effort to provide a secure experience for our customers, we are taking extra steps to ensure proper access to our customer accounts. Please change your password and run a virus scan as a precaution to ensure your computer has not been infected nor had anything inadvertently downloaded without your knowledge. Your password is your first level of account security. But you can add a second layer which we call '2-step verification'. Each time you log in, in addition to your password, you’ll enter a one-time code you receive via text message, or generate using an authenticator app or a security key.

-Intars

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi @glenfromOregon,
Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

As part of our continued effort to provide a secure experience for our customers, we are taking extra steps to ensure proper access to our customer accounts. Please change your password and run a virus scan as a precaution to ensure your computer has not been infected nor had anything inadvertently downloaded without your knowledge. Your password is your first level of account security. But you can add a second layer which we call '2-step verification'. Each time you log in, in addition to your password, you’ll enter a one-time code you receive via text message, or generate using an authenticator app or a security key.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

glenfromOregon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I ad already implemented the solutions you mention before I contacted you, so thanks but no thanks.
The issue seems to be that normally a site like PayPal remembers the identity of my laptop after my first contact, in order to prevent me having to take extra steps to validate my identity. This always worked in the past, for years before I started getting this message. Now it is not able to retain that Laptop I.D. and forces me to back to ground zero to identify myself. The only new thing I can think of that is new on my setup is the introduction of 2-facter authentication in recent days.

Is there a way to enable PayPal to remember my component I.D. automatically as it always used to do?
Thanks, Glen <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.