I do need one address to confirm the identification process if I have 2 separate addresses?

Taciturnal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm pretty new on using this service. I'm 19 years old and I live with my parents and living in Puerto Rico. When I tried to add money into my account, I got this notification that I need to confirm my identity in order to add money into my account. 

I got my Learner's Permit as for the Photo ID and my SSN Number card so far, but I don't have any bank statements that can contain the physical address, but I do have the billing address. I got two addresses, one is the physical and other is a rented one on a postal center (USPS PO Box). To confirm my identity, do I need to choose the physical one, the billing address (USPS PO Box) or both? Also, my parents doesn't trust with the identification system here since I'm basically sending "sensitive" information to a website and they both think that it might steal personal information and basically, I can't do that but still is possible to complete the identification if I go to do the process without my parent's authorization (if I go to find the physical address on my own)...

Also, is putting someone else address (like my grandfather's electric/water bills or my mom's utility bills) valid to confirm my address if I live with my parents and grandparents? I can put any bank statement that is not from a "linkable" card to confirm my billing address? Doesn't matter if documents are in Spanish, or as long it shows the address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taciturnal

All documents have to be under your name with same mail address. I would say preferably a physical address. PO Box address may seem sketchy when identity is being confirmed. Your bank account (if you have one) should provide you monthly online pdf statements formatted in the way as if they were to mail you a copy and would include a mailing address on it. If you really don't have a bank statement with an address on it, then write a letter explaining why you can't provide it and pdf it and upload it to the case.

FYI, you don't need to add funds to your PayPal balance to pay, when you can just select your linked bank or card as payment method during checkout.

See acceptable documents found at this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypal’s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-and-its-b...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taciturnal

All documents have to be under your name with same mail address. I would say preferably a physical address. PO Box address may seem sketchy when identity is being confirmed. Your bank account (if you have one) should provide you monthly online pdf statements formatted in the way as if they were to mail you a copy and would include a mailing address on it. If you really don't have a bank statement with an address on it, then write a letter explaining why you can't provide it and pdf it and upload it to the case.

FYI, you don't need to add funds to your PayPal balance to pay, when you can just select your linked bank or card as payment method during checkout.

See acceptable documents found at this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypal’s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-and-its-b...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.