I deleted and reopened my account now there’s no money

Justinhypefit
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently called PayPal because my ssn wasn’t working and they told me to close my account and reopen it with everything being the same. When I opened the account, no money was there and it was from an online transaction on a site called grailed that’s pretty much impossible to get scammed on. I checked my email, emailed grailed and PayPal, even called PayPal again but nothing seems to be working. Someone pls help I’m in desperate need.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justinhypefit 

Can't close an account with money in the PayPal balance therefore that's not the issue. So, you're saying that after reopening the account, you took payment for a Grailed sale but the payment is not showing up? Is that correct? Did you confirm the email address?

And you'd be surprised, it's not impossible to be scammed on Grailed. Buyers send fake/spoof PayPal payment emails tricking people.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Justinhypefit
Contributor
Contributor

At first the money was on hold but once I deleted and reopened the account that’s when it pretty much just disappeared. I didn’t change anything tho like my email was the same, phone number, even my password. So idk what’s going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.