I created a fake account

jacobmartin1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I hope anyone can help me with my problem. I created a Paypal account out of curiosity before, I used an account not under my name (I fake my name there), at first, my customers are sending the payment there and there is no issue, until the account hold the amount and is asking me to resolve issue which I cannot do because the name on the account was faked by me. I created a new account under my real name, which is also on hold, I do not have problem with it though because its my real name. 

I tried to change my fake account into my real name, but Paypal send me a message that it is not possible, they suggests that I close my account and transfer the money, but I cannot do it because of the limited features on my fake account (which I cannot solve).

My problem, I want to transfer the money on my fake account to my real account. I learned my lesson and I really need the money, I work hard for it. I hope anyone could help me since Paypal kept on replying with me automated messages. Regards!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacobmartin1989 

Nothing you can do, the money in your account belongs to the person named on the account and who can provide a legal document to prove the name on the account matches the name on the document.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

diannedd
New Community Member

What did you do to get the money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.