I cannot make purchases, I cannot send money using my available PayPal balance

chickenwaddle77
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been going on ever since I got a PayPal account. If I buy frequently, every other day the account will be frozen and I would not be able to make purchases, set up a preapproved payment method using PayPal, or send money to businesses or friends/families. I have contacted PayPal support numerous times and each time they could not solve the problem or tell me why it is like this due to "security reasons." PayPal also takes an awful amount of time to get back to me, around 12 hours and they have also promised to call me, which I have never received one to this day. I am using my own account balance which has enough money for every purchase I wanted to make. I have also tried small purchases of a few dollars and larger purchases which makes no difference. Every time it gives me the same message: 

"We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method."

I have a small online business on eBay and I need to use the funds in order to buy the products for my customers and PayPal has again and again made trouble for me to provide fast service to my buyers. When I asked PayPal what I can do next time to stop this, they said I have to provide my bank account or debit card to them. Which is nonsense. I think I should be able to use my own balance without restrictions and without providing more personal information to them. PayPal support said this restriction will be the last time this will happen to my account, last time and it is happening again. Right now, I am waiting once again for PayPal support to help me, which they probably won't. Can anybody here help or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chickenwaddle77 

If you have not provided a bank account or card then your account is unverified and so you will get these problems until you verify it.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-does-a-verified-account-status-mean-faq1219?app=sea...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chickenwaddle77 

If you have not provided a bank account or card then your account is unverified and so you will get these problems until you verify it.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-does-a-verified-account-status-mean-faq1219?app=sea...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chickenwaddle77
Contributor
Contributor

But why should my own money be limited whether I verify my account or not? 

Login to Me Too

Bless29
Contributor
Contributor
What should I do. I made a mistake for clicking conversion and it took some of my money please help me
Login to Me Too

Kari951
New Community Member
Ive done that its BEEN DONE and i still have this problem not being able to use paypal account for ANYTHING
Login to Me Too

Kari951
New Community Member
I have same issue and my bank and cards are all confirmed and verified so why do i still have issues? Its ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.