I cannot log in because I changed my phone number

Arrosenceba
New Community Member

Dear community,

I have created this new Paypal account in order to find a solution to two problems on my original account.

First problem:

I changed my phone number and I don't have the old SIM. So, when I try to log in (I didn't log in for a long time) I can't because off the second security step in which a text or a call is required. And I can't receive either as I don't have that phone number.

Second problem:

I have recently closed the bank account linked to that original Paypal account (this is why I wanted to log in to change it). And I have received a refund from an online purchase to that old account (now closed). So, If I finally manage to access my account, will the money be there?

I tried to call but the help was not really successful.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you very much for your help!!! 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Arrosenceba,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry about the difficulties that you're having with your account.

If you no longer have access to the phone number that is being used to complete validation, please contact customer service for assistance. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

When a refund goes back to a closed account, the bank may accept or deny the funds. If they deny the funds, they should go back to your PayPal account. It will take several days for the dust to settle on that transfer. If they accept the funds, you can contact the bank to arrange disbursement of the funds.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.