I cannot close my account

hin185
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I created my pay-pal account back when I was in Canada. However, I return back to Hong Kong. 

When I am trying to add a Visa Card to pay-pal account, I cannot add the visa card.

I would like to close my account but pay-pal don't allow me. 

It won't allow me to close my account and below error is showed.

Before you close your account

Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

This has been bothered me for a while and I need to make a transaction on a website very soon. 

Please help to check this issue

Thank you

Best Regards,

Hin

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hin185 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

You would need to contact customer services for help to close it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hin185
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering if you can provide an email address for customer service so I can contact them? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hin185 

Trouble is that if you click on help / contact you would get Singapore customer services and they can't do anything for a Canadian paypal account.

So you would need to contact Canada c.s. so using help / contact won't help there.

So your best bet is to contact someone in Canada ie friend or family member and get them to do the help / contact thing and then send you Canada c.s. phone number. We are not allowed to post telephone numbers on here as scammers do that to try and scam users of this forum. Also do not use 'google' for the same reason........lots of scam numbers.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.