I cannot authenticate payal account.

Fraag
Contributor
Contributor

On attempting to log in, a page opens asking me to authenticat my accoount, and then attempts to call me on my supplied land line phone number.

Despite pressing this 'Call' butted many many times the attempt to call lasts seconds and will not connect. I have tried to 'authenticate' over a few days and each and every time it fails to connect to my telephon.

I can assure you that this number is current, and everyone from family to friends are using it near daily, but not paypal, who seems unable to connect.

This means I cannot buy on ebay and pay with my linked paypal account, nor can I sell as I am unable to log in the manage those funds.

As such, there is little point having an ebay, or paypal account for that matter, as I cannot also buy from any other sources online.

I feel I have little option but to close my ebay account, as any fees incurred I cannot access, even to paypals fees. As such, by closing my ebay account I have held, and in good standing, for a sum of 13 years, which is also the time I have held the linked paypal account, I would also have to close my paypal account, which is now impossible as I cannot access it to close it.

Currrently, as sin right now this minute, while im typing this, i am trying to pay my final and total fees from my ebay account, but yes you've guessed it, I cannot log in to paypal to complete this payment. All leads to a screen that cannot be acted on, as in no button to continue can be pressed,as the page itself is preventing it.

Currently I now own ebay £13.99, but due to this I cannot complete it. Not sure how understanding Ebay are going to be, but I've screenshotted everything, and should this become a legal issue I have no doubt it would rule in my favour, for such a paltry amount.

If paypal are unable to complete the authentication be actually completing the call, that has been attempted multiple times, I ask that could you supply me with a direct telephone number or email address and I can request the account be shut from there.

This is completely unacceptable as I cannot have a paypal account that is dormant yet still open. This is a security risk, and as of tomorrow Im contacting my bank to block all future transactions that appear linked to this account, as those cannot be attributed to myself.

I would like to hold on to both my paypal and ebay account, but paypal appear to have deemed this impossible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Fraag
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

Thanks for your answer, this appears to be the only way, but its done now so that emergency is over.

I'm just getting some further advice concerning developments, I'll post again when that comes through.

Well deserved Kudos.

Thanks again and cheers for now.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraag 

You should have added a mobile phone to your paypal account and confirmed it, then you would not have had this issue.

The verification option does not work with landlines.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Fraag
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

Thanks for your answer, this appears to be the only way, but its done now so that emergency is over.

I'm just getting some further advice concerning developments, I'll post again when that comes through.

Well deserved Kudos.

Thanks again and cheers for now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraag 

You gave yourself the kudos + the solution mark and gave me nothing so I guess my advice was worth nothing to you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hayleyfedup
Contributor
Contributor

Not remotely helpful if your phone has been stolen, if you don’t have a sensible solution just don’t bother commenting! Customer service is beyond useless- just look on trust pilot. 

Login to Me Too

Hayleyfedup
Contributor
Contributor

Why does it allow the option for landlines if that’s the case? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hayleyfedup 

You can add a landline but not use it for authentification.

As for your phone being stolen then there are other options for that, but as my advice is not remotely helpful to you then I will keep it to myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fraag
Contributor
Contributor

I do apologize, im as you see new to this, .

Can you tell me how to give YOU the kudos, i just pressed the kudos button, I hadnt realized i was gaining it to myself

Login to Me Too

Fraag
Contributor
Contributor

Hang on, think ive got it now. Either you have two ive done it again.

Thanks for your reply all the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.