I cannot accept money sent to me.

rayan2142
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, when I am sent money, it automatically is converting it to euros. I am from the united states, I need it to be dollars and I have no idea why it is doing that. When I go to my summary page I can see the money and it looks like this:

Screenshot (601).jpg

When I press "accept the money" it asks me if I want to transfer to my bank which I do so I click that and then I get this screen:

Screenshot (602).png

 So I contacted paypal by both calling and using the messaging service and i was told to convert my euros to dollars in the wallet page but I don't see any option to do that. I don't see any balance or anything that they're referring to. I just see my bank account and cards. This is what my wallet page looks like:

Screenshot (600).png

Then they told me to relog into my account and clear my cache to fix this and i did that. I even logged into Paypal from a different computer and got the same problem.

I'm not sure what to do now. I'm hoping someone can help me to get my money and also tell me what to do so that my account stops changing my dollars to euros. I believe everything in my account indicates that I'm from the united states and I don't know why its doing that. I honestly believe my account is glitched or something.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rayan2142 

You won't see those options as you have not got a paypal 'balance' yet, when you have you click on your wallet and it shows your balance and you can add currencies / select your primary currency of USD / and convert currencies.

To get a balance you need to open a paypal cash or cash plus account as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

That is why you can't send it to your bank account as your bank account is USD and you are trying to withdraw euros.

Is your buyer from Europe and did they send you Euros instead of Dollars?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Elite49
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing except my GPB is being converted correctly to USD. Get the same message as you.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rayan2142 

You won't see those options as you have not got a paypal 'balance' yet, when you have you click on your wallet and it shows your balance and you can add currencies / select your primary currency of USD / and convert currencies.

To get a balance you need to open a paypal cash or cash plus account as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

That is why you can't send it to your bank account as your bank account is USD and you are trying to withdraw euros.

Is your buyer from Europe and did they send you Euros instead of Dollars?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rayan2142
Contributor
Contributor

No the person sending me the money isn't from Europe and they sent it in dollars so PayPal just automatically converted it to Euros for some reason. But yes that worked, when I changed my account to a cash account I was able to finally transfer the money to my bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.