I can't register my non-profit in the "PayPal Giving Fund"

ecmuhs
New Community Member

I keep getting this message, and I have updated the business info many times: Your business category is not eligible

To confirm your charity, your business category has to be Nonprofit and your sub-category has to be Charity.

Update Business Info

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

adla
New Community Member

We have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

FDAO
Contributor
Contributor

I managed this after a brief conversation with Paypal Support.

So, you edit the company profile (click on the Edit link to the right of where the company logo sits.

Check the box marked "This non-profit is a registered charity" and then in the Product or Service type box, select Charitable or Social Service Organization (see below). After you save the new information you will be directed to enter info such as charitable registration number etc. Hope this info gets you over the 'sticking point'.

NP.PNG

Login to Me Too

Ocean369
New Community Member

I have done this a number of times - but paypal profile reverts back to the default professional services and therefore continues to be ineligible. Any ideas on how to get paypal to permanently change the profile settings

Login to Me Too

ALCharity
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was the only one.

I've talked with CS many many times. They tell me to clear cache/cookies but I've already done that plus tried to save and edit Business Profile on different devices and browsers. Doesn't work.

They've also told me to send a bank statement. Sure I did that. They verified my charity status TWO times. That doesn't even matter, cus I am still unable to change the Business Profile, correct my business classification, enroll in PayPal Giving Fund.

I can't believe the issue has been here for so long. Has *anyone* gotten it to work? By self or with PayPal's help. I'm in a hurry to set up a GoFundMe for a big charity event coming up and would appreciate any help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ALCharity,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to change the business category in your company profile. If the setting will not update, please open a ticket to our technicians by visiting https://www.paypal-support.com and logging in. Then click Contact us.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ALCharity
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia !

I'm listening to your advice and am currently contacting PayPal through phone, 40 minutes in, typing this while on hold.

Same thing that happened in email and chat is now still happening over phone. 20 minutes into the call, technical support told me that they're going to redirect me to the charity team.

I told him, I had similar experience in support chat where I get redirected back and forth between technical support team and charity team, and *nothing* ever gets solved.

I also told him that I have verified my charity status multiple times, and the issue is purely technical, because the website would not save changes permanently. I did not even need the website to work, they can just change my organization info from their side if that makes things easier.

And he replied "Yea, can't help you with that" and redirected me anyways. 

Update: now I am 51 minutes in. Now I'm told that charity team has to redirect me to the business team.

Update: now I am 1 hour 5 minutes in. Am told that she is going to send a ticket in to the "back team". I'm guessing I'm now redirected back to email.

1 hour call now ends, with nothing concretely solved.

So I've been redirect from technical chat, to charity team chat, to charity email, to sending copy of bank statement for second time, back to technical chat, back to technical email, to technical call, to charity call, to business call, and back to email.

And all this because none of them can help me permanently update my info.

My experience and observations so far with PayPal: 

In no rush to fix a longer-than-one-year issue affecting business info change, which is very important.

In no rush to help the customer. Better to redirect customer forever and play him like ping pong.

I love you guys and wish the best but you guys seriously need to improve on management.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ALCharity,

I'm sorry to hear about the bouncing around that's happened. Did you try opening the ticket on the website I linked? I am not certain that the group that manages those tickets is the same as the phone group. It's possible that you did speak with the right group, but if you did not, it's another thing to try. 

I hope this can be resolved with that step!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wppc-mddcva

I had the same exact issue and after about 40 minutes on the phone, they were able to change it for me and it has been good for the last month. The next problem after that is to get them to change the fee structure to recognize the non-profit status. That took about 3 weeks (and 3 calls/emails) after I my business was verified as a non-profit.  I agree that they have much room for improvement but once you get through these brick walls, it's a great service.

Login to Me Too

Joe-RTPTCA
New Community Member

Amazing, 1.5 years later, I have the same problem 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.