I can't downgrade my account type from Business to Personal

JB_Eli

Hello dears

I have searched around the community threads and simply could not find a problem similar to mine:

I sent 3 email requests (via the Help section), asking to downgrade my account from Business to Personal; but to no avail ... 

Can a moderator or anyone with the required access level help me downgrade my account?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JB_Eli

Call customer service to downgrade:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JB_Eli

Thanks for the help.

I actually run an Etsy Shop, and PayPal has contacted me saying that I have to provide proof of business registration, otherwise, my account will be "limited"

... I haven't registered any business, and since I can only accept PayPal as my payment method; I actually have to downgrade to personal now :(.

My refund rate is EXTREMELY low (1 in a hundred), and there are no disputes or cases opened against me since I started (9 months). 

I wish I could maintain my merchant status ... But I just don't know how. I have already confirmed my personal identity, but that's about all.

Thanks for your time @sharpiemarker! Would you have by any chance, some insight on this particular situation?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.