I can't access my old Paypal account and calling/security questions are useless

Violaante

** THIS IS A DIFFERENT PAYPAL ACCOUNT I MADE JUST SO I COULD ASK A QUESTION HERE.***

I am going crazy. For a while I have been trying to access my really old PayPal account cause I keep getting emails about suspicious activity and a pre approved card.I have not used my account in almost 10 years. I have tried the 5 passwords I always use, they don't work and by now I believe someone is actually in my account.

Thing is, I don't have the old phone number that's on the account anymore, nor the same bank card. Just the email. I tried to email support, but for some reason it just sends the response in the PayPal messaging system. Great. Thanks. I can't log in though?So I tried calling, but my NEW number already has a PayPal account associated with it, which is not mine. SO I can't even talk to an agent because alas, this number belonged to someone else who hasn't updated their info and the Robot wants a Social Security number that is... not mine.. Great system, again.

I don't know what to do, I can't contact anyone at Paypal and its making me worry about my account that is probably hacked by someone else.

I am more worried since I got another email today about more suspicious activity but I literally can not do anything about it.

My security questions aren't the same ones I set. It asks for my first borns nick name, I dont have children. So I would not set it as that.

Can anyone at paypal contact me somehow?? So I can change the password on my old Paypal or just straight up delete my account??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Violaante 

Try contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

You can also try contacting as PayPal guest:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Violaante 

Try contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

You can also try contacting as PayPal guest:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Violaante

Thanks. I called and waited out the robot and repeated "Agent". I got to someone finally. The emails I were receiving were from <removed>. I googled it and there are people saying its real and its fake. There's a post on the Forums that it's real so I'm not worried. The number I phoned was the 221 number. I just ended up closing the account. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.