I bought out my business partner, but he registered our PayPal Account

vaporhamlincoln
New Community Member

I bought out my business partner and he is no longer with the company, but when we set up the Paypal account he used his name on it. For me to be able to change the account I know I need to have him sign some letter, but before i draft this letter to Paypal can anyone hit me with the bullet points of what exactly needs to be included on it? and where exactly I send it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi vaporhamlincoln, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

There is a section in the Message Centre of your PayPal account for name changes, you will be able to submit the documentation through this channel. The documents required to complete the name change are: 

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing the new contact name (a driver's license, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A letter on company stationery showing the primary email address, the current name, the postal address, and the phone number on your PayPal Business account. In your letter, include the reason for the name change and the new contact name.
  • A letter of authorisation. To access the letter, copy and paste the following link on your web browser: https://www.paypalobjects.com/digitalassets/c/compliance/eu/gb/en/loa.pdf
  • A Business Registration document, or you can simply add your Business Registration Number to your PayPal account.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.