I am unable to close my account

firebreath99952
Contributor
Contributor

So this account is an old PayPal account I no longer use. I am looking to close it, but whenever I click the "Close your account" button, I get an error saying "Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service". Whenever I contact PayPal through the message center, they just give me an automated reply with instructions on how to close my account (which is where I'm getting this error) and they are no help. Has anyone had this issue before or know how to resolve it?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firebreath99952 

Have you cancelled all subscriptions / removed and cards and bank accounts etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

firebreath99952
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, there is nothing on my account. Still getting the error message @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

jasnarula
New Community Member

so what did u do to close the account? message center not helping. there are no subscriptions or cards linked to my account but still uunable to close it

Login to Me Too

firebreath99952
Contributor
Contributor

I am still unable to close my account. @jasnarula 

Login to Me Too

Justin1239
New Community Member

I have just given up on Pay pal it's been three years since I used my account and now because I have a job that pays they cannot allow me to transact thus I am in need of closing the account which I have tried all means but still unable to close. p

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.