I am a dual citizen trying to get my US Stimulus check from the government

SSS100797
New Community Member
I cannot set up direct deposit in order to get my stimulus check from the US government because my PayPal account seems to be set up as only a norwegian account. I have entered my US passport as well to my account so can anyone help me to get this to work?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SSS100797 

Either you have stimulus check direct deposited to a US bank account opened on US soil, open a US PayPal account with valid us resident address and PayPal Cash Plus with Direct Deposit features set up and ready to go and provide the PayPal direct deposit info to the IRS or have the check mailed to a US address or address abroad and cashed at an eligible bank abroad.

If you provided DD info that is invalid, when the deposit is returned, the IRS will mail you a check instead to your most recent mailing address on file.

More info:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

You have to do all this before you even contact the IRS to collect the stimulus check or they will use the info from your last tax return (2018 or 2019) where available/applicable or claim the payment as a credit in 2020 tax return.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.