I Closed my Paypal Account without Unlinking my Card And Now it wont let me open it.

EJRM
New Community Member

Earlier today I linked my new debit card onto my PayPal account, My Last name was doubled and I wanted to change my name ASAP but I didn't have the necessary documents to change it. I'm Using the same Email and Password as that previous account On my new account.

The PayPal account was new So I decided to just close the account without Unlinking my Card, Now I can't Re add my Card Despite that PayPal Account being closed. Please tell me if I have to wait X amount of days for all the Information Regarding that account is wiped, Or if there is any other solution. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EJRM 

You would need to contact customer services to remove your card from a closed account if you didn't remove it first before closing it.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.