How to withdraw funds Under 18?

Shanw
Contributor
Contributor

I earned some money selling my old PS4 and I have £185 in my paypal balance. When I sent in my passport picture they didn’t respond because i’m 16 now I have the problem of having money that I cant withdraw, does anybody know what steps I can approach. Kind regards, Shawn.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shanw 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shanw 

Did PayPal email you saying you are no longer being able to use PayPal? That email will say to wait 180 days in order to withdraw and that they will email you when its time to withdraw.

Beware people, especially those who have Permanently Limited accounts, PayPal is starting to fine people ($2500 per transaction) for violating the Acceptable Use Policy and their user agreement. So keep your nose clean. Read the terms front to back and know it back to front; really know the workings of your account; what to do and what not to do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.