How to verify my account?

johnmurf
Contributor
Contributor

I have received two emails asking me to verify my account. The emails said to log in to my account and click on the notification icon. It says that I will be asked to confirm some basic details and should only take a few minutes.

I have logged in and clicked the notification icon and it says that I have no new notifications. I have checked all the details in my account and they are present and correct. What am I supposed to be verifying?, and how do I do it?

My email, phone and credit card details are all there and I cannot think of what else I need to verify. Has Paypal had a security breach with personal data been accessed and they are trying to keep it quiet?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hi @johnmurf

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community about this. Typically, if you are being asked to verify your account information, you would find more information within the Notification section of your account. If you are not seeing anything, it is possible that this email may not be from PayPal. You can find the steps on how to report a potential fake email here

Hope that helps you!

- Callie 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hi @johnmurf

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community about this. Typically, if you are being asked to verify your account information, you would find more information within the Notification section of your account. If you are not seeing anything, it is possible that this email may not be from PayPal. You can find the steps on how to report a potential fake email here

Hope that helps you!

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

johnmurf
Contributor
Contributor

All the links in the email seem to legitimate paypal links. I never click on links contained in emails but always go directly to the website concerned.

It does not matter if the emails I have been receiving are a scam or if they are from paypal, I am not going to do anything about my account.

If my account gets suspended or restricted the I will just create a new one.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

@johnmurf

Thanks for coming back to us. Here's you can find a useful link regarding why you would be asked to verify your PayPal account. In most cases, you can also check your Resolution Center to see if there are steps to follow to resolve the situation. Please consider that if there is a limitation on the account and it isn't lifted, the block could be transferred to the new account too. 

Thanks,

Jenny 

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Ayobalogun
Contributor
Contributor
I need to get my account verified but there are no straightforward steps on how to go about it on the papal account. Please how do I go about it?
Login to Me Too

Anitadark
Contributor
Contributor
I need to verify my account but I have not gotten any email on how to verify. I need help about this.
Login to Me Too

Ausgirl77
Contributor
Contributor

I have had exactly the same issue, and received the second email today.  I forwarded the first one to the "sppof" address at Paypal as I was suspicious of it due to the clickable link in the email.  On both occasions, I logged into my Paypal account and, as you found, there's nothing showing under the notification icon - as you said, the links in the emails look genuine, but I've been a Paypal member for years, so don's know why I would be receiving this sort of email now, and with nothing actually appearing under Notifications, there's no way i'm going to click the link in the email!  

Login to Me Too

johnmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have received a third email asking me to verify my identity. It is always a good idea to not click on links found in emails. I have emailed paypal but they have not bothered to reply. Below is a copy of they email they sent. 

I am just going to ignore it.

Hello again John <removed>,

We still need you to verify your identity. If you don’t complete this, you may not be able to use your PayPal account or some of its features, including withdrawing, sending or receiving money.

So, to keep using your account and all its features, please:

1.  Log into your PayPal account.
 2.  Click on the notification icon.
 3.  Confirm your identity. You’ll be asked to confirm some basic details and it should only take a few minutes.

Forgotten your password? Don’t worry - you can reset it in just a few simple steps by following the instructions here.

Thank you for shopping with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Ausgirl77
Contributor
Contributor

@johnmurf   Seems like I can look forward to receiving another email then !  

Login to Me Too

SKC2020
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to work my way through the process and got a message stating that I would see a small transaction on my account statement and I would receive a code.  I do not,  however, use a credit card and it is my debit card that is registered! Seems I  am approaching my Sending limit?? I now have no idea how this will play out. My details haven’t changed. I selected to use the same card as is already in use with PayPal. Now am a bit lost - am I Verified ie not??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.