cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my account when I don't have a SSN

Highlighted
New Community Member

How to use my account when I don't have a SSN

When I was in New York last year for a 3-month stay, I set up a local Paypal account and paid $15 into it because I wanted to sign up for subscription TV. I never was able to get it to work (my Paypal account). The money has sat there all this time and then Paypal offered me $10 to continue using my account. I now have $25 in my account ($10 of which I can't formally accept because I don't have a SSN).

I'm an Australian citizen and have had a Paypal account for years and years. I'd like to transfer those funds from my US Paypal account into my long-held Paypal account.

Somehow, Paypal enabled me to pay money INTO my US account but now I can't get it out without providing a SSN. Can anyone suggest what to do please? Thanks :).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: How to use my account when I don't have a SSN

@ditgin 

You would never be able to use a U.S paypal account if you could not verify it and so would not be able to transfer those funds to an account in your own country.

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.