How to register / escalate a complaint with PayPal? (not transaction related)

perthling
Contributor
Contributor

How do I register or escalate a concern to PayPal for them to formally action and close out? I'm getting nowhere, fast. Actually, slowly. A very slow burning waste of time with PayPal reps that can't help me.

I continue to receive emails from PayPal, "We still need you to verify your identity." Exercising care for phishing scams, I never follow links in emails. I log into PayPal directly, and there indeed is a big alert at the bottom, "Please confirm your identity. Due to safety and security requirements, we need you to confirm your identity."

Firstly (2 weeks ago), I called up. They deny any knowledge of any such emails. And refused to believe me when I stated the above, that the PayPal site is asking me for this unnecessary information. They said ignore it, and by doing so I wouldn't be at risk of having my account closed or anything.

Fast forward a bit, I receive another email. This time "If you don’t complete this, you may not be able to use your PayPal account or some of its features.". I've logged a query through the messenger. Half an hour wasted, same sort of thing. "No, that email's not from us".

I just keep going around in circles and wasting my time. Where is an email address I can forward this email to with a screenshot of my login screen? I want the matter dealt with, and not just ignore it. Otherwise my account might get closed and they'll say, "Oh, we sent you multiple emails about this". Grrrr.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@perthling 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

perthling
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, that does not help. As indicated in my original post, I had done that method - initially spoke to someone over the phone and the second time engaged in a length messenger chat. In total, I've burnt about an hour with zero result. I had to constantly repeat my query (copy/paste three times in the messenger chat, and the "helper" was hopeless".

How do I register or escalate a complaint to someone who can actually help? I've since received two more "verify your details" emails, threatening to restrict my services; yet when I contact PayPal by phone or messenger they're clueless about this requirement (deny knowledge of the emails), even though it's right there on my login screen (so it's clearly not a phishing scam).

Login to Me Too

perthling
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, Facebook option is putting me in an infinite loop also.

PayPal: "Tell me which topic I can help you with" Options: Search Help Centre, My Account, Payments

Me: Select "My account"

PayPal: "How can I help you with your PayPal account?" Options: Reset My Password, Unauthorsied Charge, Question about Fees, Limited or Blocked

Me: Type "Other"

PayPal: "I'm sorry, I don't understand"

PayPal: "Tell me which topic I can help you with" ......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @perthling. Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! What you've described is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! I can't address what in your PayPal account is triggering the emails you've mentioned, but I can give you guidance on where to submit the emails to have them checked (just in case they are phishing emails) and how to reach a Representative via Facebook.

To have an email reviewed by PayPal, please forward it to spoof@paypal.com. It's possible the messages you've received are not from PayPal, given that there apparently is nothing in your account that might cause the messages to be sent.

Regarding the situation with your Facebook Private Messages, when the bot says "Tell me which topic I can help you with," click or tap on one of the prompts/links it offers but don't type a message to reply to the bot. Continue to click/tap on the prompts/links (without typing a message) until the bot reaches the point where it offers you an opportunity to communicate with a Representative ("Chat With An Agent").

Lastly, as @kernowlass mentioned, you may also contact PayPal via Twitter by sending a Direct Message (DM) to @AskPayPal.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope things get resolved soon. Thanks for your patience during this process.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.