How to prove legitimacy of a debt collection email?

MrMatthw

Hi,

Before I start, yes my PayPal is negative at the moment, but that's not the problem as I have the means to resolve this.

After only a week of it being negative, I have received a debt collection email from an Australian company called AUSTRALIAN RECEIVABLES LIMITED. It almost matches the negative balance. I tried to contact PayPayl regarding it, but on the phone, but they stated that they haven't sent any emails to me regarding a debt collection.

I don't know - Do I just put the money back into my PayPal account to resolve the negative balance, or do I check out this "debt collector" and pay them instead?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anthony_1122
New Community Member
I'm in the same boat as you, received a text and then an email from these guys a week and a bit after my account went negative, the amount was the same as what I had negative on my PayPal. But PayPal states that you have 120 days to resolve the negative balance though? I've put back the remaining funds to go back to $0, just waiting for it to clear. So what's the go, will this be cleared once my account go to $0 or will these guys still keep asking for money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.