How to fill up correctly chonese name in english spelling for paypal account

Teoh7716
New Community Member

Hello Im Malaysia citizen so im having Chinese name in english spelling. For example: my name is *Chang <removed> * by all documents ,and in my bank account ad well.Where *Chang* is surnane/family name and *<removed>* as given name. But in local documents or whatever we dont change any sequence of name.We just fill up all together in one line. But when im purchaising airplane tickets online ,no matter they request surname or given name first i always fill up first my *Chang*and at second line puting *<removed>* . My question is how to be here in paypay how correctly to fill up asian name to system?Will they automaticly change sequence of surname and given name or i do the same put firstly my surname (no matter what they asking me for)and second line put my *<removed>* ??How to be? I need somebody do transaction for me withing 24 hours,ao i dont know how to deal with this issue for not having problems later with my bank account.Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Shawna

Hi @Teoh7716,

When you register with PayPal, we require your full legal name as it appears on your government-issued photo ID. Please enter your given name in the given name field and your surname in the surname field. 

I hope this helps!

-Shawna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.