How to close new paypall account. HELP PLEASE

I would appreciate fast help.  Thanks in advance

I created a new account today, and dont need it anymore.

I ve added my fathers card (debit), and when I try to remove i get this message : 

"Before you remove this card, add another one for auto transfers."

If i remove paypal account before deleting card, am I risking anything?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iwanttocloseacc 

You might not be able to add the card to another account. For future reference, do not add a financial instrument (card/bank account) that is not under your name.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

I wont need this card for another account.

Can i safely remove account and  be safe?

And thank you for answer

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Iwanttocloseacc,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close the account, but I am happy to help with information.

As mentioned by @sharpiemarker, use of another person's financial information on your account is not permitted. It's advisable to close the account, or to add your own financial information and remove the current card if you choose to keep the account.

If there is no limitation on the account and the balance is zero, you should be able to close the account even with the card listed on the account. The closure of the account will prevent the account from being used or accessed further. Information on the account was already protected, but a closed account will not be able to be accessed by anyone at all, even if you were to ever disclose your password to another person.

I hope this helps set your mind at ease!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.