How to close my account

anji_it
Contributor
Contributor

HI,
   As I moved to other country, I want to close my Paypal account in India and want to open a new one with the same email address. But while closing I got this error. Anyone has any Idea how to resolve this and close my account.
unable_to_close_account.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anji_it 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anji_it
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I don’t have any funds, cards linked. But unfortunately when I’m closing my account it’s not allowing me. I contacted customer services but due to Covid-19 they are saying they are working with limited capacity and asking me to expect the delay. It’s been 2 days since I messaged in customer services no one from customer services has get back to me yet. It looks like this problem must be addressed by customer services only. We can’t do anything from the app.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.