cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the country of my account (I moved to another country recently)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

How to change the country of my account (I moved to another country recently)

Hello everyone, 

I moved from a non EU country to a EU one and all the cards I had back home are going to expire soon as well as it is not actual anymore to have them up in the account because I closed my accounts. I wanted to add now my new card but when I try to type the address it gives me only the option to register addresses from the country I left... no option to update the country. 

Does anyone know how can one change the country? I tried to click everywhere possible on my account and nothing leads to this change. Should I delete my account and then create a new one with the same email address and new physical address? Same thing with the phone number and the post code... 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: How to change the country of my account (I moved to another country recently)

@irina_druta

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How to change the country of my account (I moved to another country recently)

Oh, I just found this information: 

"The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account."

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@irina_druta

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Community Member

"If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved."

Why because I didn't change, I'm same as myself.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Germankojak 

Because its difficult sorting out a paypal account from another country if you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.