How to change my profile info and bank account from UK to Vietnam?

thanhlevy
New Community Member

Hi all, I have a big problem and need some help *crying* 

In 2014, I lived in the UK and signed up an account on Paypal /paypal.co.uk/ (link to my UK Bank Account and Debit Card), and also use my phone number in the UK.  Then, 2016, I backed to Vietnam, and almost forgot Paypal account cuz I didn't need to use it anymore until now. 

The biggest problem is, I want to use my account back, and change all personal info (including my number), and bank account in Vietnam, however, all info requested keeps staying in UK format (+44) for number, post code in UK and everything else. And I'm trying to change, but the first step required verify my number (by OTP).  But I've not kept my number in the UK. 

OMG! Does anybody know how to change account info & setting as Vietnam Paypal account, or I need to close it, and make a new one ? 

Looking forwards answers, *crying again* 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thanhlevy 

Cheer up, no need for crying. You'll just have to open a PayPal Vietnam account, since you now live there. PayPal accounts are country specific. All that info in your UK account is now obsolete and unusable if you don't plan on keeping a residence in the UK.

Certainly you have opened a Vietnamese bank account with a new debit card, by now right?

To open Vietnam PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/vn/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Once you open your new PayPal account, you can send your UK PayPal funds (if any) to your Vietnam account (conversion fees may apply) or create a GBP currency PayPal balance to accept, spend and hold GBP currency in your PayPal account. But if you withdraw, the currency will be converted to local currency though, so keep that in mind.

If in the future, you move to another country, be sure to close out your PayPal account before moving and open a new one once you're settled in your new country of residence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thanhlevy 

Cheer up, no need for crying. You'll just have to open a PayPal Vietnam account, since you now live there. PayPal accounts are country specific. All that info in your UK account is now obsolete and unusable if you don't plan on keeping a residence in the UK.

Certainly you have opened a Vietnamese bank account with a new debit card, by now right?

To open Vietnam PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/vn/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Once you open your new PayPal account, you can send your UK PayPal funds (if any) to your Vietnam account (conversion fees may apply) or create a GBP currency PayPal balance to accept, spend and hold GBP currency in your PayPal account. But if you withdraw, the currency will be converted to local currency though, so keep that in mind.

If in the future, you move to another country, be sure to close out your PayPal account before moving and open a new one once you're settled in your new country of residence.

Login to Me Too

thanhlevy
New Community Member

Dear @sharpiemarker 

Thanks very much from my bottom of heart. 

Best regards, 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thanhlevy 

You're very welcome. 🙂 Have a good one!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.