How to change my name on PayPal COMPLETELY? (from online name to my real name)

YUKIKORYO
New Community Member

I created my Paypal account years ago, and regretfully decided to go with my online name which is Yukiko Ryo. Now, PayPal is requesting to verify my identity of "Yukiko <removed)" with my ID, which I am unable to do so. Should I choose to change my name on Paypal, I have to provide my ID and document that shows my change of name

Now $500 is stuck in my Paypal account and I do not know what to do...

My second problem:

My account is a Business account as well, but I am actually an Indi creator. I was prompted by Paypal to upgrade to a Business account back then, but only now that they are asking for actual documents of my company... I am an Indi!! There is no actual company per say...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YUKIKORYO 

Sadly the person entitled to the money in your paypal account is the person named on the account who has a legal document to prove its their legal name.

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.