How to change address when paypal asks to "resolve issue"

jen_roi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.

Paypal has limited my account and prompts me to resolve the issue when I login. When I went to the "resolve issue" page, it asked me to confirm my address but it autofilled my data with an old address and I assumed this was the address on my Paypal account so I went along with it. The next page asked me to send in proof that I've been living at that address in the last 6 months, which I don't have as I've since moved. It won't let me return to the previous page to change my address. I attached an incorrect PDF as proof of address on purpose, and this has been rejected, but it still won't let me edit the address on the previous page? Please see screenshot below - I'm trying to edit the "About you" section but it won't allow me to return to it! Please help 🙂

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 20.06.52.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jen_roi 

Why would you want an old address on your paypal account???

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add%2C-change%2C-or-remove-an-address-on-my-pay...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jen_roi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for the response - I don't know, it was pretty silly I think I was just being really lazy and left the autofill as it was without really thinking! Anyway I have already changed my address and added the new one as my primary on the account settings, but that doesn't translate through to the "resolve issue - About you" page. It won't let me go back and edit the old address!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.