How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

chris20
Contributor
Contributor
how do I verified it?
Login to Me Too

Hyjean
New Community Member

I added another email but the PayPal will not let me "Edit" or "Remove" my primary email address. The Primary email will be closed out  soon it will obsolete. How to I keep my PayPal account without it?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Add a new email address and make that one primary, then remove what you don't want.

Login to Me Too

yeros

After i've added a secondary mail address, i'm stuck at confirming it. I end up getting a "Something went wrong on our end" screen. I've rebooted, used firefox, chromium, internet explorer and deleted cookies.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong or could i try something else?

Login to Me Too

ah14
New Community Member

I do not have the primary email on file, but it seems that "primary email cannot be changed" on PayPal.

How could I remove this incorrect email?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.

Login to your account.

* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

Login to Me Too

sltburn1940
Contributor
Contributor

I have followed all the instructions and ticked the box " update to primary" for my new address, this the just informs me that  this address already exists, and the original email address is still shown as my primary,  Nowhere do I see a "delete" button to remove my old and now obsolete email address. What can I do.

Login to Me Too

meanjean
New Community Member

I cannot change it and cannot get a reply to comfirm address  

Login to Me Too

hellenic

I have to confirm my new email. After 30 minutes I did not receive an email to confirm it. What can I do ?

Login to Me Too

westywesty
Contributor
Contributor

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.

Login to your account.

* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

No does not work 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.