How to cancel an old and not used Paypal account

Marcogs12
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all Paypal users,

I am currently receiving emails saiyng that somebody is trying to use my old and unused paypal account and I wish to cancel it. The problem is that I cannot login as I do not remember the password and I cannot receive a new password as the email adress used for this account does not exist anymore.

Anybody could tell me how to contact Paypal to cancel this old account?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marcogs12 

How were you able to receive emails regarding this old PayPal account that is linked to an email address account you cannot access anymore? Is your current valid email address also associated with this old PayPal account??  Typically if there is an issue with a PayPal account, PayPal usually emails the primary email address(es) associated with the PayPal account.

Check if the sender email address for the emails you been receiving about somebody is trying to use your old PayPal account is actually from PayPal and not fake/spam. The spammer could have assumed and guessed right that you just so happens to have an old, not used PayPal account. Does the message actually refer to your old, deleted email account?

To contact PayPal you must be able to log into the old account to even message PayPal about the account in question. I don't know if they will still speak to you about an account that you can't log into through a different account but you can try. Click Help at the top and click Message Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marcogs12 

How were you able to receive emails regarding this old PayPal account that is linked to an email address account you cannot access anymore? Is your current valid email address also associated with this old PayPal account??  Typically if there is an issue with a PayPal account, PayPal usually emails the primary email address(es) associated with the PayPal account.

Check if the sender email address for the emails you been receiving about somebody is trying to use your old PayPal account is actually from PayPal and not fake/spam. The spammer could have assumed and guessed right that you just so happens to have an old, not used PayPal account. Does the message actually refer to your old, deleted email account?

To contact PayPal you must be able to log into the old account to even message PayPal about the account in question. I don't know if they will still speak to you about an account that you can't log into through a different account but you can try. Click Help at the top and click Message Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.