How to add bank account to PayPal?

Mohamedrifadh
Contributor
Contributor
There are no option to put my bAnk account details,I don't want to use my visa card.I want to transfer cash bank.my visa card not working so I want get money directly from bank.How to do that? When I go to settings they are asking visa card number not the bank account details,how to solve this problem?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamedrifadh 

@Kk114 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your countries.
You can only link a credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria or Sri Lanka (unless the Sri Lankan one has updated recently).
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Kk114
Hi, I am having this issue too. So am thinking is PayPal only operational in USA?
Login to Me Too

Mohamedrifadh
Contributor
Contributor
Let's wait for a good solution
Login to Me Too

Kk114
Okay, Is PayPal account operational in Nigeria?
Login to Me Too

Mohamedrifadh
Contributor
Contributor
I think so,I am from Sri Lanka.I could withdraw money when I had active debit card.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamedrifadh 

@Kk114 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your countries.
You can only link a credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria or Sri Lanka (unless the Sri Lankan one has updated recently).
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.