How long to reconfirm shipping address? Action needed?

EscapadeWyo
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed my shipping address, and now have an "unconfirmed" tag. Companies are refusing to ship to me due to the unconfirmed address.

I have linked a credit card to my PayPal account, and my new shipping address matches the billing address of the credit card exactly.

I found a help article saying a recent change in shipping address may be one reason an address comes up as unconfirmed. This implies that it will automatically become confirmed if appropriate, yes? If so, how long does it take a changed address to become confirmed? It's already been 5 days.

Or is there some action I need to take here?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @EscapadeWyo!

It sounds as though the billing address was added as a second address to the PayPal account instead of automatically recognizing it as primary. If you haven't already done so, please check on your account Settings where it says to "Manage all addresses" to see if you have duplicate addresses listed; one primary, one billing. If so, all you need to do is make the one listed as billing also your primary address which will automatically confirm your address for future purchases. If there are not two addresses listed or if you run into any issues resolving this, please contact our customer service directly to look into why your primary address wasn't confirmed with your billing address. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

EscapadeWyo
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_MichelleThanks for the reply. You are correct; I originally had a different address listed as primary. However, I changed the primary address to the new shipping address (which, of course, is exactly identical to the credit card billing address), and for good measure I deleted all other addresses.

Just in case there was some confusion with my eBay records, I then I removed all addresses and payment methods on eBay other than the same credit card and address used for PayPal, and I then relinked my PayPal/eBay accounts.

After 5 days of waiting, nothing had changed. I reached out to a customer service chat rep, and at their advice I deleted the card info entirely, re-added the card to the account, and waited 4 business days for the address confirmation to be reestablished.

Still no change. It's now been 11 days since I first removed all addresses and cards other than the one and only address and card (with matching address). My address still seems to be unconfirmed, according to people I'm making purchases with.

One of the frustrating things about it is that there's apparently no way for me to even see whether my address is finally confirmed or not. Customer service people and online guides keep directing me to locations they say I should be able to see it, and they claim they can see the confirmation status of my addresses, but no such information appears to me. Very bizzare that someone can't even see whether their address is confirmed yet or not. 😞

I'll try reaching out on Facebook, thanks.

Login to Me Too

EscapadeWyo
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.