How long does it take to change account name?

Rezaro12
Contributor
Contributor

I already submitted my id and other document, the name change is pretty much just adding first word of my name. My name consist of 3 word but when i registered i only put my middle and last name, now i want to link bank account and looks like i need to change my account name, how long is it to paypal change my name? and is there any progress i can see about it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrspikl 

Simple request but you may have to wait for your turn in the long queue at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Emma0821
Contributor
Contributor
i kinda have the same problem at this moment. I only wanted to remove my middle name from my paypal account to match my bank account name. I've already contacted paypal to make things a bit faster but they keep ignoring me and I also got a message from paypal too saying that the process was not able to complete bcause its either missing docs or not legible. i've checked the docs and its clear and its the right docs they were asking me. what's more is that they've also asked me to email them what changes I wanted to make, like basically asking me to literally do what I did first thing when I requested an update for my name. this is so frustrating bcause its already been 3weeks and nothing's changing.
Login to Me Too

mrspikl
Contributor
Contributor
Just as a heads up it took me three months to get this fixed. Rather outlandish for it to take that long since I had all the appropriate paper work. It’s not hard to look at my LEGAL document and compare to my request. I find there to be no excuse. So I sympathize with you. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Emma0821
Contributor
Contributor

They've already changed it just today if I haven't chatted to them again, they would probably going to forget my problem. they really took them like a month just for a simple request.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.