How do I use my PayPal balance but no card linked.

Katiem99
Contributor
Contributor
I have money in my PayPal balance someone transferred me and I don’t have a debit card or credit card or even a prepaid visa to link, do you have any ideas on how I can use the money
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katiem99 

You can use funds in your paypal balance as long as they are in the correct currency and not pending.

But for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk and at some point anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Katiem99
Contributor
Contributor
My account is verified, have even uploaded I’d and proof of address. The funds are available in my balance and there’s a prepaid card linked on the account with like 8 cents or something but it won’t let me buy a digital gift card for myself or use it on uber
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi Katiem99,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time using your balance. I would recommend applying for a PayPal Cash Mastercard Debit card, if that is offered in your region. Once you receive the card, you can use it to make purchases and spend your balance. Some companies, like Uber, require your account to be verified and this would help. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.