How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

tyriggs
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolute BS and needs to be discontinued immediately - or at the very least - let people opt out. Having Facebook basically mask or block the messages IS NOT a viable solution. I've been on PayPay since the very beginning and this is the worst thing I've ever seen them do. FIX THIS.

Login to Me Too

Martinthefizzio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank and thanks for the variety of solutions that you provided for this issue in your post of January 2017.

I would like to say however that two of them just did not work for me:

1. Firstly the link and instructions given in many places (including your post) to get you to the (PayPal) settings page do not give me the option of "Notifications" in the blue menu bar and even when I navigate to the only Notifications section I can find, hidden away under the Settings COG/Account Settings/Business Profile section there is no ability to amend any setting to do with Messenger.
  2. Secondly the instructions for the facebook Messenger app itself do not work for people using "Messenger Lite" like myself - The options mentioned are just not available. You can however mute notifications indefinitely or if you long press the PayPal conversation in the list of conversations you can delete the conversation from there.

For something that is so easy to accidentally switch ON I'm amazed at how difficult it seems to be to switch it OFF. It's almost as if PayPal developers weren't talking to each other and there was no proper testing of a feature before it was introduced...??? A very SCARY situation for a company that people trust with their money! Let's hope that the flippant attitude surrounding this feature is not inherent in all areas of PayPal feature development...

This really should be fixed by now as it's been a problem for quite some time now. Please could you provide an update on what the developers are doing and when we might expect a proper solution to this? Over three years is quite a long time for an issue to be resolved!!!

Many thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Lals13
I couldn’t proceed the payment without agreeing to receive the receipts via messenger. This has never happened before. You if this is the case I will never use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

bttaflykss

I agree with what others are expressing. I never shared my facebook account with PayPal, so I'm not sure why Paypal felt it was appropriate to start sending messages to my facebook messenger without my approval. It's totally unacceptable, and frankly a bit creepy. I normally have to friend people or accept their messages before they can message me, but Paypal somehow felt this rule did not apply to them. You need to ask people before you do stuff like this. I don't want all of my various social media accounts to be linked to my PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Use a different email address for your Facebook.  I do not get PP notifications on my fb because of that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

peppersass
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think that's correct. I use different emails for my Paypal and Facebook accounts.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing right because I never got PayPal receipts in my fb messenger.  Someone said it's because I used different email.  I also suspect now it because I have not confirmed a mobile phone # on my fb or my PayPal.  Maybe they use that to match the accounts up.  I also never added PayPal as a payment method on fb. I do not boost posts or anything.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dpiponi
New Community Member
Every time I make a purchase using Paypal I get a receipt sent to Facebook messenger. How do I make this stop?
Login to Me Too

ryc202
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having this issue as well and this solution.  I tried delinking it from payments on facebook but paypal does not appear on my facebook.  Additionally, obviously I have a facebook account, which is where I keep getting paypal notifications that I don't want but I don't have the facebook messenger app.  
I do not want to download the app to disable notifications that I never signed up for.  And, every time I try to deselect the notifications from my paypal account it never saves what I have just done.  It goes back to leaving the notifications for facebook on. 

How can I delink my facebook and paypal? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.